Backup steps to save individual files and folders, or the entire Windows Vista Operating System, are quite critical in emergency situations such as a system crash. This backup allows you to save an image backup of your entire system which can be restored in a matter of minutes if you need to recover from a hardware or software problem.
Backing up the entire computer
- Click Start and enter the Control Panel.
- Click the System and Maintenance tab (the option might not be directly found), then select the Backup and Restore Center.
- Click “Back up computer” button.
- Choose where to backup your data in the drop-down box and click Next.
- Click the “Start backup” button after confirming your backup settings.
Method 2 of 2: Backing up files and folders
- Click Start and open the Control Panel.
- Click the System and Maintenance tab, then Backup and Restore Center.
- Click the Backup files button.
- Choose where to backup your data in the drop-down box, then click Next.
- Select appropriate categories on the which file types do you want to backup? page, then click Next.
- Select frequency, day, and time on the How often do you want to create backup? page and click Save settings and start backup button.