Today Am going to show you how to convert RHEL 6 all version to CentOS 6 latest. Steps bellow…
1) First open terminal from menu>system tools>Terminal
2) Write su and press enter, give root password and press enter.
3) Write following command and press enter. It clean all cased package and heads which is currently on your system and used to add/remove packages.
yum clean all
4) Now we have to create a directory for downloading Centos repository. Write following command and press enter
5) Now we have to go to the directory. Write following command and press enter to go to the directory.
6) Now we have to download Centos repository here. Write following command and press enter one by one.
7) Now we have to import gpg key for Centos. here command below.
rpm –import RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6
8)Its time to remove Rhel release.
rpm -e –nodeps redhat-release-server
9) Use following command for removing Rhel network plugins from yum.
rpm -e yum-rhn-plugin
10) Use following command for remove other Rhel files.
rpm -e rhn-check rhnsd rhn-setup rhn-setup-gnome
11) Now its time to convert ur Rhel to Centos. use following command
rpm -Uvh –force *.rpm
12) Now u have to use following command for final step.
13) When finished use reboot command to reboot.
Hopes it work for you. In the beginning i try to use simplify these stems for those who might confuse about using command line. Its boring for those who r expert but this tropic is for both expert and beginners, If any fault found let me know. its my first post. So I apologize for any unknown mistake.