To Customize the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the Office button and click Word Options.
- In the Word Options dialog box, select the Customize category.
- In the Choose Commands From drop-down list, select the category from which the command is to be added to the Quick Access toolbar.
- In the list box, select the desired command from the chosen category and click Add.
- If necessary, check the Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon check box to display the Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon.
- Click OK to close the Word Options dialog box.
Tips: You can also clickk the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button to customize the Quick Access Toolbar
7.On the Ribbon, select the desired tab, right-click the name of the desired group and choose Add To Quick Access toolbar to add the group to the Quick Access toolbar.
Tips: you can add any number of groups to the Quick Access Toolbar. However, the Ribbon cannot be addes to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Customizing the Microsoft Office Status Bar
To show or hide options on the Status Bar, right-click the Status Bar and check or uncheck the desired options.
Minimizing the Ribbon
Although it is not possible to move or hide the Ribbon, you can minimize it so that you will have more space available in your work area. To minimize the Ribbon, you can select Minimize The Ribbon from the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down list. You can also double-click the active tab on the Ribbon or press Ctrl+F1. The interface now only displays the tabs and the corresponding groups and galleries are hidden. To view the Ribbon, click any tab. To restore the Ribbon, double-click any tab.