Many households or offices have several computers but only one printer, you need to share the printer on your network. To let everyone on the network print on that printer, share it by following these steps on the Vista computer connected to the printer.
1. Click the Start menu, choose Network, and click the Network and Sharing Center button along the top.
2. Turn on Printer Sharing and click Apply.
3. Click the Start menu, choose Control Panel, and select Printers from the Hardware and Sound category.
4. Click the Add a Printer button.
5. Choose Add a Network, Wireless, or Bluetooth Printer and click Next.
6.Choose The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed and then click Browse to go to the shared printer.
7.Double-click the shared printer’s icon and click Next.