Method-1: Change a Chart Type
To change a chart type:
1. Select the chart.
2. On the Chart Tools Design contextual tab, in the Type group, click Change Chart Type.
3. In the Charge Chart Type dialog box, select a chart type and subtype and click OK.
Changing the Type of an Existing Data Series
You can also select any data series and its type independently of the rest of the data series.
Method-2: Resize a Chart
To resize a chart:
1. In an Excel workbook containing a chart, select the chart.
2. Resize the chart:
- To resize the chart without maintain its scale, drag the border of the chart.
- To resize the chart without maintain its scale, hold Shift as you drag the border of the chat.
- To resize the chart to a fixed size, on the Chart Tools Format contextual tab, in the Size group, in the Shape Height and Shape Width spin boxes, type or select the desired height and width of the chart.
Method-3: Move a Chart Between Sheets
To move a chart from one sheet to another:
1. Select the chat.
2. On the Ribbon, select the Chart Tools Design contextual tab.
3. In the Location group, click Move Chart to display the Move Chart dialog box.
4. Move the chart.
- To move the chart to another worksheet, select Object In, select the sheet from the drop-down list, and click OK. If needed, reposition the chart on the worksheet.
- To move the chart to a chart sheet, select New Sheet, type the sheet name, and click OK.
Method-4: Add or Remove Chart Elements
To add or remove chart elements:
1. Click anywhere inside and Excel chart to select the chart.
2. On the Ribbon, select the Chart Tools Layout contextual tab.
3. To add a chart title, in the Labels group, click Chart Title and choose Above Chart or Centered Overlay Title.
4. For a chart that has an axis, use the Axis Titles button in the Labels group to add axis titles.
- To add a horizontal axis title, click Axis Titles and choose Primary Horizontal Axis Title->Title Below Axis.
- Or, to add a vertical axis title, click Axis Titles and choose Primary Vertical Axis Titles, and choose Rotated Title, Vertical Title, or Horizontal Title.
5. To add a legend to the chart, in the Label group, click Legend and choose the desired option. You can display the legend at the top, bottom, left, or right of the chart, or overlay the legend on the left or right side of the chart.
6. To add data labels, in the Labels group, click Data Labels and select the desired option. You can display the data labels centered on the data points inside or outside the end of the data points, or inside the base of the data points.
7. If desired, click Data Labels and select More Data Label options to set other label options.
8. To add a data table, in the Levels group, click Data Table and then choose Show Data Table or Show Data Table Legend Keys.
9. To change the chart scale, in the Axes group, click Axes and choose Primary Horizontal Axis or Primary Vertical Axis. The choices available will vary depending upon your chart type and logarithmically.
- For the vertical axis, you can show the default values, or show the scale in thousands, million, billions, or logarithmically.
- Or, for the horizontal axis, you can show the default axis (labels from left to right), the axis with no label, or display the axis with labels from right to left.
10. To add gridlines, in the Axes group, click Gridlines, choose Primary Horizontal Gridlines or Primary Vertical Gridlines, and choose the appropriate option. You can display major or mirror gridlines or both.
11. Remove chart elements as needed.
- Select the chart element and press Delete, or right-click it and choose Delete.
- Or, click the element’s button in the Labels group and choose None.
Tips: – When you click legend and select None in the Labels group, the entire legend group is removed. To remove single legend items, select the individual item and delete it.