Dear viewers,You may have an occasion when you would like to copy cells from your current workbook to a new one. Fortunately, this is very easy to do.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Close all open workbooks except for your current on and the one where you would like to paste the cells.
- In the workbook where you would like to insert the copied cells, be certain the area where you would like your copied cells to reside is visible.
- On the View tab of your Ribbon, in the Window group, click Arrange All.
- Click OK and both workbook windows will appear.
- Select the cells you would like to copy or move.
- To copy your cells, click CTRL + Alt.
- To move your cells, click just your Alt key.
- Point to an outside edge of your selected cells and drag the cells over to the other workbook and drop them in the area of your choice.
- Click the Maximize button at the topmost corner of one of your workbooks to restore the windows.