Method-1: Create a Custom Template
To create a custom template:
1. Open or create the workbook you want to use as the basis for the template.
a. If you have a workbook file you want to base the new template on, open the workbook.
b. If you want to use the settings in an existing template as the basis for the new template, create a new workbook based on the existing template and make any workbook modifications that you need.
2. Click the Office button and choose Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog box, in the File Name text box, enter a name for the template.
4. From the Save As Type drop-down list, select Excel Template (*.xltx).
5. The default save location will change to the Templates folder. To save it to another location, select the location from the Save In drop-down list.
6. Click Save.
Method-2: Apply a Custom Template
To apply a custom template:
1. If necessary, create a custom template.
2. Open the New Workbook dialog box.
3. In the Template section, select My Templates.
4. In the New dialog box, select your custom template and click OK. The new workbook will open with the same name with the number 1 at the end of the name.
5. Modify the new workbook as desired.
6. Save the file as an XLSX file.