Dear viewersDon’t you sometimes long for the easy formatting of numbers in Excel to format your numbers in your Word tables? You are not alone!
Sometimes there is a need to enter numbers in a table column complete with the dollar sign and have it look the way it would in Excel.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor in the table of your cell where you want this number.
- Click CTRL + F9 to insert a pair of field braces. This is the only way to do it. You cannot enter the braces manually. It will not work.
- Key in the equal sign, followed by the number (125.99), complete with parentheses.
- Tap your space bar once, then key in \w and tap your space bar once again. This lets Word know that you are going to specify your number format.
- Now key in the format specification starting with a Quote mark and ending with a quote mark. It should look like this “$#,###.00″.
- Click Shift + F9 to collapse your field.
- Right-click in the cell and select update field.
You can always create a macro to speed up the process!