Procedure: Paste a Chart from Microsoft Excel
To paste a chart from Microsoft Excel:
1. Open the worksheet that contains the chart.
a. Choose Start-> All Program-> Microsoft Office-> Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
b. Click the Office button and choose Open.
c. Navigate to the folder that contains the Excel worksheet, select the worksheet, and click Open.
2. In the Excel Worksheet, select the chart.
3. Copy the chart.
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the Copy button.
- Or, press Ctrl+C.
4. In the Excel window, click the Minimize button.
5. In the PowerPoint window, in the left pane, on the Slide tab, select the slide on which you want to insert the chart from Microsoft Excel.
6. On the slide, place the insertion point at the point where you want the chart to appear.
7. Paste the chart on the slide.
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, from the Paste drop-down list, select Paste.
- Or, press Ctrl+V.
8. If necessary, click outside the slide to deselect the chart.
9. Click the Close button to exit the Excel application.
10. If necessary, in the Microsoft Office Excel message box, click No to close the Excel application without saving changes.