Method-1: Spell Check a presentation
To sell check a presentation:
1. Select the content you want to spell check.
- On the Slides tab, select the first slide to check the entire presentation for spelling errors.
- Or, select the text you want to correct.
Tips: – if the insertion point isn’t at the top of the document, PowerPoint starts the spelling check at the location of the insertion point, works to the end of the document, and then checks from the beginning of the document to the insertion point.
2. Start the Spell Checker.
- On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Spelling.
- Or, press F7.
3. Use the Spell Checker options in the Spelling dialog box to correct the spelling errors.
- Change the spelling.
– If the correction you want to make is already highlighted in the Suggestions list box, click Change.
– If the correction that you want to make is in the Suggestions list box but is not highlighted, selected that word, and then click Change.
– If you have repeated the spelling error throughout the document, click Change All to automatically correct all occurrences of the misspelled word in the document.
– If the Spell Checker finds repeated words, click Delete to delete the second instance of the word.
- Leave the word unchanged.
– If you want to leave the word as is and continue spell checking the document, click Ignore Once.
– If you want to automatically ignore all remaining occurrences of the word, click Ignore All.
- Add the word to the dictionary.
– If you want to add a word to the default dictionary, click Add. Once it is added to the dictionary, the spell check procedure will not list it as a spelling mistake.
- Stop the spell check.
– Click Close to stop the spell check procedure at any point.
- Add the word to the AutoCorrect list.
– Click the AutoCorrect button to add a misspelled word and its correct spelling to the AutoCorrect list. Once it is added to the AutoCorrect list, the spell check procedure will not list as a spelling mistake.
Tips: – You can also right-click a spelling error and choose the correct spelling.
4. In the Microsoft Office PowerPoint message box, click OK.
Method-2: Insert a Synonym Using the Thesaurus on the Shortcut Menu
To insert a synonym using the Thesaurus on the Shortcut menu:
1. Right-click the word for which you want to find a synonym.
2. Choose Synonyms to display a list of words with similar meanings.
Note: – if a word is misspelled or unrecognized by PowerPoint, the Synonyms option will not be available on the shortcut menu.
Method-3: Insert a Synonym Using the Thesaurus in the Research Task Pane
To insert a synonym using the Research task pane:
1. Open an existing presentation.
2. Select the word for which you want to list synonyms.
3. Display the Thesaurus in the Research task pane.
- On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Thesaurus.
- On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Research.
- Right-click the word that you want to find a synonym for and choose Synonyms-> Thesaurus.
- Or, press Shift+F7.
4. If necessary, in the Research task pane, in the list box, scroll to locate the appropriate synonym.
5. In the Research task pane, in the list box, place the mouse pointer over the synonym you want to insert, then click the drop-down arrow to the right of the synonym and select Insert to insert the synonym.
6. If necessary, save the presentation.