To boot the system using Last Known Good Conﬁguration or one of the Safe Mode options:
1. Restart the computer (by turning the power off and on if necessary).
2. Just after the POST phase of the boot sequence, and during the display of the Boot Loader menu, if you have one, press F8.
3. Select Last Known Good Conﬁguration (advanced) or the Safe Mode option from the Advanced Boot Options menu.
4. Start Windows and log on.
5. If you are in Safe Mode, close the Windows Help and Support dialog box.
6. If you are in Safe Mode, perform the appropriate conﬁguration or troubleshooting tasks and restart the system in normal mode.