Method-1: Select Synonyms or Antonyms from the Thesaurus
To select synonyms or antonyms from the Thesaurus:
1. Select the desired word. Be sure the word is spelled correctly: Word will only suggest synonyms for words in its dictionary.
2. Display the Thesaurus in the Research task pane.
- Right-click the word for which you want to find a synonym or antonym and choose Synonyms-> Thesaurus.
- On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Thesaurus.
- Hold down Alt and double-click the desired word.
- Or, press Shift+F7.
3. In the Research task pane, in the Thesaurus: English (U.S.) list box, point to the desired synonym or antonym, click the drop-down arrow, and choose Insert to replace the existing word.
Tips- if you accidentally click the word, just click the Previous Search or Back button to return to the previous list of options.
4. To choose from a list of the most common synonyms while you are typing, right-click the word, choose Synonyms, and select the synonym.
Method-2: Change Research Options
To change research options:
1. On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Research.
2. In the Research task pane, click Research Options.
3. In the Research Options dialog box, change the research options.
- In the Services list box, check or uncheck the desired check box to display or hide the corresponding service option in the Research task pane.
- Add the desired service to the available services.
a. In the Research Options dialog box, click Add Services.
b. In the Add Services dialog box, in the Address box, type the URL of an Office 2007 compatible service, or select an advertised service from the Advertised Services list.
c. Click Add and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If necessary, insert a password to restrict use of the Research task pane.
a. In the Research Options dialog box, click Parental Control.
b. In the Parental Control dialog box, check the Turn on Content Filtering To Make Services Block Offensive Results check box to activate the Specify A Password For the Parental Control Settings section.
c. In the Specify A Password For the Parental Control Settings text box, enter the desired password.
d. Click OK.